Friday, April 4, 2008

On the cusp

And after taking a well-deserved break, mainly because my Internet sucks, I'm finally back to do something on my blog. Finally, the Ottawa Senators decided that making the playoffs would be a good idea by trashing the Toronto Maple Leafs. For the record, I officially hate when baseball and hockey overlap in the regular season because it puts me awkward position of pulling for a Toronto win in baseball and a Toronto loss in hockey. Fortunately, this stops being a problem after the regular season, because neither Toronto side makes the playoffs anymore.

Anyway, I guess I can't complain. My roommates would be happy to be in my position, since the St. Louis Blues and Chicago Blackhawks will again miss the playoffs. Neither has made it to the playoffs since the lockout. Will Palaszczuk, whose blog had its debut last night here, is a fan of the New York Islanders, who will also miss the playoffs. Last year's Eastern Conference top seed, the Buffalo Sabres, will miss the playoffs, which makes me happy.

So all we need is an overtime game with Boston tonight to get in. If we get that, or the Hurricanes lose to Tampa Bay, the Capitals lose to Florida or the Flyers lose to either New Jersey or Pittsburgh, we make the playoffs, and the year continues at least four more games.

It's exciting. It's the best time of the year, and to be honest, I'd....rather have clinched a spot two weeks ago. But what the heck, I'll take it.

My time is up. You've all been great. Enjoy Wolfmother.

No comments: